Your Orthodontic Smile Specialists in South Florida
At Smiles by Dr. W and Dr. R, we use quality orthodontics to make you smile. Whether we use Invisalign aligners to straighten your teeth or work with an oral surgeon to reposition your jaw, you’ll receive orthodontic treatment that is friendly, skilled, and uses the latest technology. Drs. Wohlgemuth and Rothstein have even provided continuing education about Invisalign to help other dentists plan and treat more effectively! You will find solutions for any number of alignment issues right here.
We're dedicated to meeting patients in a warm, friendly environment using the most efficient and up-to-date techniques, maximizing each staff member's abilities, and welcoming new challenges, greeting them, and moving.
So I'm the type of doctor leader. I don't view myself as much as a manager, as more of a coach. And maybe that coach you had when you played sports that maybe you didn't love all the time but you respected because they pushed you to do things that you weren't capable of doing. And so, part of the job is really treating the patients and anyone who's owned a business, you wear many different hats.
It's not just being the orthodontist, which is more of a technician really, but you're also a manager of people and that offers different challenges in trying to motivate people and getting the most out of them. So one of my most rewarding things is hearing patients when they see me in public or comments talking about how everyone's attitude and the staff is unbelievable, what a great efficient office we have.
I had one mother who was a city manager up in West Palm Beach and she said, “You run the most efficient practice. I study how things go. You guys are so efficient.“ You know, even if you're doing the nicest work in the world, if you keep people waiting for appointments, they don't appreciate that. Again, I'm sure they have other things to do than sitting in our reception area waiting for their children to be done, or they've got work.
At the same time, equally important and something that I impress whenever I speak to younger orthodontists is the single, most important thing in orthodontics is finishing on time because the day that, you know, a lot of the patients are anxious to get the braces on, but pretty soon, after they go on, they want to get them off.
And if we say 12-15 months and it's 24 months, they're not happy. So when we say we're usually on target with plus or minus I'd say a month or two on either way, which is just treating a human being.
It's ironic that I wrote that mission statement 20 years ago and it's probably more pertinent today than ever before because of how much technology has taken over every industry. And if you resist change in this day in age, no one, regardless of what business they're in, you're much better at what they do today than they were 10 years ago because of computers, technology, and everything else. So either you have to embrace it, or you're going to be left behind.
Amazing Things Happen When Technology Meets Experience
Both Dr. Peter Wohlgemuth and Dr. Ira Rothstein participate in ongoing training to stay abreast of the latest orthodontic techniques. We use the most current treatment methods and technologies to give you a great smile. Among them:
- 3D imaging, for fast and accurate diagnoses and to help us identify developmental issues at an earlier stage, when they are easier to treat.
- iTero® Intraoral Scanners, which replace traditional teeth impressions with digital images. No more messy molding material in your mouth!
- suresmile®, which uses sophisticated software and robotics technology to create highly precise wires that shorten treatment times with braces by an average 33 percent. We have treated over 10,000 patients with suresmile!
- Gold Plus Invisalign Providers, which means that our doctors have the aligner expertise and experience you are looking for.
We Keep Your Care Convenient
At Smiles by Dr. W and Dr. R, we do our best to keep your family’s care as convenient as possible and to build strong relationships with you. We consider you a partner, not just a patient! So we offer:
- Free consultations. During initial consultations, we walk you through all your treatment options and answer all your questions, at no cost to you.
- Extended hours. We’re open until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays to make it easy to schedule appointments after work or school. And we offer Friday hours too.
- Rewards and fun activities for our patients as a way to say thanks!
No matter your dental issue, our two orthodontists and friendly staff are eager to make you smile with quality orthodontics. To schedule a complimentary consultation, call 561-327-6775 or use our online form.